Around the Storage Block
1752843 Members
3920 Online
108789 Solutions
New Article
CalvinZito

Re: What is HPE Nimble Storage dHCI?

In the weeks leading up to Discover, I didn't have a chance to get a deep understanding of our new solution, HPE Nimble What is HPE Nimble Storage dHCI podcast.jpgStorage dHCI. I had a high-level understanding and of course I had my dHCI Chalk Talk I did, but I needed more. 

At Discover, I was hanging around the demo, listening to some of the conversations our product experts were having with customers and partners that were coming by to hear more. It was interesting to get their perspective. The biggest "aha moment" for me was hearing that when a customer has dHCI, support for the ProLiant servers used in the cluster fall into the same legendary support that HPE Nimble Storage does. That HPE Nimble Storage dHCI in rack_smallr.jpgmeans there is no level 1 or 2 (L1 or L2) support and any support call gets immediately routed to an L3 engineer. Well, that just gets me excited!

And hearing what I was in the booth made me realize that my Chalk Talk didn't go deep enough to really understand what we're doing with Nimble Storage dHCI. So I of course did a podcast. Joining me on this ATSB Podcast is Bharath Ram. Bharath works in our Tech Marketing team and also has blogged on our HPE Storage Tech Insiders blog

The podcast with Bharath is about 15 minutes and worth listening to all of it. 

Here's the podcast!

To subscribe to the podcast, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button under my picture. If you don't use iTunes, you can find my podcast on TalkShoe.com, Google Play Music. and just added to Spotify Podcast, and Stitcher On Google, you'll get "invited" to try Google Play Music for 30 days - just click "no thanks" to get past this and get to the podcast.

Get more on Nimble Storage dHCI

About HPE Storage Guy (aka The Storage Godfather)

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 16, 2018 marks 35 years with HP/HPE. I've worked in HPE Storage since 1990. I was just recognized as a 9 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active in communities, I've blogged for 10 years. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, do it now! You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB

Comments

I still wish the marketing people would have been a tad more creative with the name!

@PerryS - as people understand what the "d" in dHCI stands for, I think most will agree it is the perfect name. 

@CalvinZitoOh please! Analogous to a disasembled assembled model kit at the toy store, give me a break.

@PerryS Analagous to buying a model plane with the two engines already mounted on the wings or that you attach (and if you want it to have 2 or 4 engines, you can). At the end of the day, it's still a model plane - because that's what it is. If you want to focus that the engines need to be attached, and you can make it what you want vs everything is done for you, have at it.  I happen to think giving customers choice and options is a good thing. When all you have is a hammer people try to make every problem look like a nail.