Around the Storage Block
1753808 Members
8445 Online
108805 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
CalvinZito

What is the IQ of your storage infrastructure?

In early March, I recorded a podcast with Sandeep Singh, VP of HPE Storage Marketing, and our topic of discussion was the importance of intelligence in storage infrastructure. I hadn't published that podcast here on ATSB yet, so I thought it was a good time to do Sandeep Singh HPE Intelligent Data Platform_Blog.jpgthat.

I also wrote an article summarizing what we talked about for Connect, the independent HPE technology user group. If you'd rather read than listen to a 25 minute podcast, this article is a very good summary of the podcast. By the way, if you're not a Connect member, I highly encourage you to join. Learn more at http://www.connect-community.org/

Sandeep has written several articles on ATSB that you can check out to get a better understanding of his perspective. Be sure to read to the bottom of the blog post as I also have a link for a webinar on May 19th with Sandeep, when he will be discussing using data to accelerate your recovery from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic,  and how best to prepare for what comes next.

Here is the podcast with Sandeep that will open in a new browser window .  If you want to download the MP3, you can also do that. 

To subscribe to my podcast, open this link and click on the "View in iTunes" button. If you don't use iTunes, you can find the ATSB podcast on TalkShoe.com, Google Play Music. Spotify Podcast, and Stitcher!  On Google, you may get "invited" to try Google Play Music for 30 days - just click "no thanks" to get past this and get to the podcast.

Here's what we covered in the podcast (times are approximate):

• 00:00 - 02:30 Introductions (hear about Sandeep's background)
  • 02:30 - 05:20 Data and digital transformation
  • 05:20 - 08:45 Why the need for intelligence
  • 08:45 - 09:45 Overcome the complexity with an intelligent data strategy
  • 09:45 - 10:45 How do you get to an intelligent data strategy
  • 10:45 - 12:45 What is the Intelligent Data Platform?
  • 12:45 - 18:50 What kind of outcomes can customers achieve with the Intelligent Data Platform?
  • 18:50 - 23:10 How can customers start their journey to the Intelligent Data Platform?
  • 23:10 - 27:55 Where does Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) fit? 
  • 27:55 - 29:50 What is happening with HPE Primera?
  • 29:50 - 31:05 Where is Intelligent Data Platform going? 
  • 31:05 - 32:25 And what about the broader HPE strategy to deliver our portfolio as-a-Service?

Join Sandeep in a May 19th webinar

Sandeep is joining my friends at ActualTechMedia on a webinar on May 19. The title of this webinar is Using Data to Accelerate Your Recovery and Prepare for What Comes Next.  I think it will be a good opportunity to hear from Sandeep about the importance of data in the wake of COVID-19.

About The Storage Godfather (formerly HPEStorageGuy)

CJZ Headshot fixed 150 x 150.jpg

I'm Calvin Zito and November 16, 2019 marked 36 years with HP/HPE. I've worked in HPE Storage since 1990. I was recently recognized as a 9 time VMware vExpert. As an early adopter of social media and active participant in communities, I've blogged for over 10 years. I'm also an avid Boise State fan. You can find me on Twitter as @CalvinZito. If you don't follow me on Twitter, please do it now! You can also contact me via email

Calvin Zito
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

0 Kudos
About the Author

CalvinZito

I have worked at HPE since 1983, all of it around storage but 100% focused on storage since 1990. I'm expanding into other areas of focus at HPE like HPE GreenLake, compute, containers, AI, and more. I blog, create videos, and podcasts to help you better understand HPE Storage. Find my podcast at https://www.hpe.com/dmn/ATITB