Array Performance and Data Protection
1753444 Members
4464 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Discussion: how are you protecting your data?

rfenton4
Honored Contributor

There appears to be some confusion - so I will get a definitive statement and update this thread accordingly in due course

Thanks

marktheblue45
Valued Contributor

To be fair to me. I've looked on com vaults forums and I didn't find this info. 

rfenton4
Honored Contributor

I can confirm it's Simpana 10 SP7

Unknown.png

marktheblue45
Valued Contributor

Finding info on commvault is like finding it on NetApp. 

Not applicable

Here is what one of our internal labs is running with replication integration working:

Nimble OS 2.1.4.0

CommVault Simpana 10 SP7

Additional Updates:

(SP7-HotFix-85)

Fw80(SP7-HotFix-88)

HyperVRestoreKB2966407(SP7-HotFix-82)

You may not need the identical setup depending on your environment, but at a minimum you will need SP7-Hotfix-85 as mentioned in one of my earlier responses - it will likely require a call into CommVault support to get access to this hotfix, at least that was the case as of earlier this week.  Hopefully this helps clear things up since I agree, the CommVault documentation is not clear on the requirements, at least from what I could find. 

marktheblue45
Valued Contributor

Cheers Glenn,

Commvault have release the hotfix on the MA login. I have applied the fix but can't find the documentation. Logged a call with Nimble also .... Chris at Nimble in the UK. If you have and docs for this that'd be good.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

marktheblue45
Valued Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Our primary array is NOT on NOS 2.1.4 but 2.1.2. Com vaults literature suggests 2.x but it doesn't work on 2.1.2. Basically Commvault creates the snap at the volume level but not in the associate volume collection and therefore can't replicate. 

marktheblue45
Valued Contributor

For this first time I'm going to be negative.  We bought Commvault because of its integration with Nimble. Can't get it to work NOs at 2.1.4. Documentation dreadful.  A little unhappy

marktheblue45
Valued Contributor

Correction can't get the replication piece to work.

Not applicable

Hi Mark, I have reached out to your specific account team, Chris in support and one of our CommVault experts to make sure everyone is aware of this issue.  I will check in here tomorrow to see how things are progressing.