Array Performance and Data Protection
1752272 Members
4501 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Does anyone know why, when I take a protect a volume, and it is taking snapshots that the column of new data shows UNKNOWN. I would assume that it is a number like 30GB is new or something.

SOLVED
Go to solution
jkim13
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know why, when I take a protect a volume, and it is taking snapshots that the column of new data shows UNKNOWN. I would assume that it is a number like 30GB is new or something.

Nimblesnapshots.JPGSee picture.

4 REPLIES 4
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know why, when I take a protect a volume, and it is taking snapshots that the column of new data shows UNKNOWN. I would assume that it is a number like 30GB is new or something.

Hi Joseph,

Out of interest are you on NimbleOS 2.3? I've seen similar behaviour in my lab and may be a bug.

I've just upgraded the lab to NimbleOS 3.1 and can report that it is showing new data as expected

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
Daniel-san
Frequent Advisor

Re: Does anyone know why, when I take a protect a volume, and it is taking snapshots that the column of new data shows UNKNOWN. I would assume that it is a number like 30GB is new or something.

i had the same issue/asked the same question and Nimble support said the OS was thinking/calculating.  Give it a few and it should show up with a refresh.  But i think subsequent OS updates also resolved this bug.

jkim13
Occasional Contributor

We are using 2.3.9.2

Tech support suggest that we upgrade to 2.3.12.0

jkim13
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Incorrect numbers are showing up on the Volume. However when I look at Volume Collections, I do see the correct values.

Tech Support suggests that we upgrade to 2.3.12 version of the OS.