Array Performance and Data Protection
1752790 Members
6246 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How can I show volumes without snapshot protection?

SOLVED
Go to solution
scottie88
Occasional Advisor

4 REPLIES 4
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How can I show volumes without snapshot protection?

Hello Scottie,

If you head to Infosight->Data Protection Report and select "Snapped->Not Configured" it will then give you a report of all volumes which are not protected with snapshots.

You could then further filter it by Performance Policy, Upstream Parter (ie local array) and even Application synchronisation should you wish.

Finally, you can export any of this raw data out as CSV (click "Export" in the top-right corner) should you want to create any custom reports.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
scottie88
Occasional Advisor

Nick,

Thank you that works, although I am not use to going outside my organization for data about and withing it. And I would imagine that there is some lag on these reports, but it's better than parsing through all the volumes and volumes collections to find them.

Thank you.

pstack42

I know Nick answered this already, but InfoSight is great for this using the data Protection Report

scottie88
Occasional Advisor

No argument, I agree it is. I just like having all info about my data where my data is. Not a fan about going outside my box to find info that is already in my box is all. Maybe I am weird on that, but I like my tools and info to be local in case I need it and can't get to it elsewhere... Unless its a backup, then I'd like it to be elsewhere. But considering I have enough trouble looking for something I just had five minutes ago; meh, no worries....

dilbert_lost_DC.gif