Array Performance and Data Protection
1753440 Members
4634 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Is it possible to create an "Empty" or "No Protection" Protection Policy?

SOLVED
Go to solution
chaynes41
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to create an "Empty" or "No Protection" Protection Policy?

Is there a way to create an "Empty" or "No Protection" Protection Policy?  I have a dedicated ESXi swap volume that I don't want to take snapshots of.  I also don't want the "Important" alert in InfoSight that I have an unprotected volume.  It hurts my OCD.  Any way to do this or are there any future plans to do so?

Thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
nchou52
Solution

Re: Is it possible to create an "Empty" or "No Protection" Protection Policy?

Yes there is a way to create a "no Protection Policy" for volumes.  When you are creating a volume, you can select not to protect the volume in the  3rd screen by selecting "none".  This will trigger an "Important" alert in Infosight.  You have the option to turn off alerting in the Nimble however you can not currently do this at a volume level.  We are planning to have more detail alerting features in the future.     This feature of limiting InfoSight alert is currently in our list for future enhancements in development.

We courage you to call into Nimble support 877-364-6253 and reference RFE (Request For Enhancement) 34686 to move this request higher on our priority list if this feature is important.

Thanks,

Norman

jtmoree23
Advisor

> We courage you to call into Nimble support 877-364-6253 and reference RFE (Request For Enhancement) 34686 to move this request higher on our priority list if this feature is important.

anyway to do that on the web?

nchou52

Yes, you can click on this link at Nimble Storage Support Portal or email support@nimblestorage.com and request for RFE 34686 to be move higher on the feature priority list.

Regards,

Norman