7543 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Lagging Replications report

SOLVED
Go to solution
jerry_bogart

Lagging Replications report

Anyone find a way besides staying on the "Replication - Send" screen to report on the Time Lag'd replications?

Is there an API/SNMP that can be used.  We use PRTG to monitor and I would like to bring this info into this application to be seen.

2 REPLIES 2
pdavies34
Valued Contributor
Solution

Looking to see exactly what information you are after?

The CLI will allow you to see which state Replications are in usig the snapcoll command and calling any volcoll from it e.g.

This indicates that the volcoll ESX-Synch is lagging (Pending) as the previous one is still running, the GUI also shows this:

And yes, you can also get this information via the RestfulAPI in NOS 2.3.x

Plenty of other posts/blogs on how to use the API

Phil

briffle52
Occasional Advisor

I created a bash script that I run from zenoss to graph (and alert) on my replication delay for each of my volume collections..

Sorry I don't see a "code" format in this chat.  Also, this is a "code judgement free zone", I whipped this up in 5 min, and it works, so I haven't messed with it since

It uses the nagios plugin output format:

##################################

#

#   nimbleRepl.sh

#

##################################

#requires that the zenoss user is created on the array, with the ssh key for zenoss

#check that volCOLL is passed in

if [ $# -ne 2 ]; then

echo "You must pass in the volCollection to check, as well as the array"

echo "$0 volCOLLECTION ARRAY1.example.local"

exit 1

fi

VOLCOLL=$1

ARRAY=$2

CURTIME=`date +%s`

CURRENT=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M`

LASTREPL=`ssh zenoss@${ARRAY} volcoll --info ${VOLCOLL} | grep 'Latest collection replicated' | awk '{print $4}' | cut -d - -f 2`

LAST=`date -d "${LASTREPL:0:4}-${LASTREPL:4:2}-${LASTREPL:6:2} ${LASTREPL:8:2}:${LASTREPL:10:2}" +%s`

REPDELAY=$((( $CURTIME - $LAST) / 60))

#echo "$VOLCOLL replicated at $LASTREPL which is at $REPDELAY minutes behind $CURRENT"

echo "nimbleRepl.sh | RepDelay=$REPDELAY