3861 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Nimble array data service stopped unexpectedly

dstocker
Occasional Visitor

Nimble array data service stopped unexpectedly

Hello,

An old Nimble array that we have (CS460G) began restarting the data service every 5-45 minutes last night which is causing performance issues for VMs running on it.

Trying a failover of the controllers returns an ERROR /scratch is out of space. Would the scratch space also be the cause of the other issue? I can force the failover from the command line but it does not clear anything up.
I know this model is really old, but does anyone know if there is a command to clear out the scratch space and/or solve the other issue?

Thanks,

-Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Nimble array data service stopped unexpectedly

It would make sense the /scratch space and the data service restart are related. The commands are restricted to Nimble Support. Call them.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

dstocker
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Sheldon,

Unfortunately with the age of the unit it is out of support (We have third party hardware support while we are migrating, and have a ticket with them, but not sure if they have any access to the restricted commands). But maybe I will see if they can do anything.

-Dave

Thomas_Lam_HK
HPE Pro

Unfotunately the CS460G had been EOS since Dec 11, 2019; and only Nimble Support can issue hiden system command with roor privllage.

Thomas Lam - Global Storage Field CTO

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo