108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Recomended Oracle&Mount Parameters for NIMBLE Storage

SOLVED
Go to solution
hariharan53

Recomended Oracle&Mount Parameters for NIMBLE Storage

HI All,

we are looking for advices on the recommended mount parameters, in combination with the Nimble iscsi recommendations. We just want to implement Oracle DB + ASM on top of Nimble storage also can we use for redo - 4k block, archive 32k block and the rest 8k.

Please if possible provide me Oracle Base documents which is recommending DB parameter values for Nimble storage.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Hari,

We have an Oracle Best Practice Guide available on Infosight which is most likely what you're looking for. The link is here: http://www.nimblestorage.com/docs/downloads/bpg_nimble_storage_oracle.pdf

There are many customers that successfully us Oracle DBs with ASM; the only complication here is if you're virtualising you need to mount the iSCSI volumes directly through to your Oracle VMs rather than through some virtualisation layer such as VMware VMFS if you want to take advantage of block size optimisation through our Application Policies.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
hariharan53

Thanks a Lot Nick ,

Again my Doubt is is this recommended by oracle for these DB parameter settings that mentioned in this above pdf ? is there any other document or link i can get to confirm

that these parameters mentioned in pdf is confirmed by oracle for these DB version .

Also can we use for redo - 4k block, archive 32k block and the rest 8k as mentioned in the above pdf ?

Thanks,