1752666 Members
5595 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Storage Explorer - Snapshot Integration with Veeam

random80
Occasional Contributor

Storage Explorer - Snapshot Integration with Veeam

I's like to know if Nimble Storage is actively working with Veeam to allow the backup software access to the snapshot provider in Nimble Arrays. We have many customers that we have sold both products to, and would like to improve backup integration. Currently, Veeam supports snapshot calls to NetApp, 3PAR and EMC. This feature would benefit both Nimble Storage and Veeam greatly.

4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

Re: Storage Explorer - Snapshot Integration with Veeam

I agree.  Most of our Nimble customers use Veeam as well and storage snapshot integration is one of the most requested features we get.  From what I hear from Nimble, the ball is in Veeam's court.  Everyone who wants this feature needs to open a ticket with Veeam to request this feature.  I was told by a Veeam rep that they base their decision on storage snapshot integration based on storage vendor market share and customer demand.  As partners of both vendors, we are doing our best to influence both of those factors.

- Chris

random80
Occasional Contributor

I have submitted a request via the Veeam Forums, as advised by Veeam, since we are a reseller.

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi all,

As you've rightly said - the ball is firmly in Veeam's court. It's not our place to say if or when integration support would arrive, so it's best to keep asking your local Veeam reps

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
Daniel-san
Frequent Advisor

Per Veeam, mid-2016 is the ETA for this support.  We're also a Veeam Silver partner, and this is the word from our POCs there.  This can't come soon enough!