1753549 Members
5422 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Volume Collections Not Synchronized

dbauder92
Valued Contributor

Volume Collections Not Synchronized

I have a vSphere 6 / SRM 6 environment with a CS700 in a cross site SRM protected environment.  I performed a SRM failover of one of my recovery plans.  It worked as expected with the VMs restarting on the recovery site.  The issue is this failover was of one volume collection.  All of my other volume collections (both on the protected site and the recovery site) are showing as not synchronized.  I would expect this from the volume collection that was failed over.  Why are the others no longer synchronized?  Has anyone else experienced this issue and what did you do to correct it?

Thanks

After further testing this is not a VMware SRM related issue.  This is purely a Nimble Volume Collection issue.  Should you have a single volume collection that does not synchronize for what ever reason all of the other volume collections on that array show a status of Not Synchronized.  While that status is accurate for one it is most certainly not accurate for the remaining volume collections.  Nimble please fix this.

Message was edited by: Dan Bauder

1 REPLY 1
jmonger96
Valued Contributor

Re: Volume Collections Not Synchronized

Hi Dan

I'm an SE at Nimble and I have seen the behaviour your describe. Essentially the array reports all volume collections as unsynchronised rather than one. I have already put in a feature request to address this for one of my customers. Please could you reach out to you local SE at Nimble who can add you to the list of customers requesting the feature change.

Thanks

Jason