4421 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

earse/wipe all configuration and data on the arrays

ac22

earse/wipe all configuration and data on the arrays

Hi community,

Hopefully someone can help me here.

We have several Nimble arrays (CS500) that are out of support while we closed out a datacenter a few month ago. The arrays have been shipped back and now sitting in the warehouse at HQ.

We need to ewaste/recycle these arrays but due to the company compliance requirement we are requested to erase all the configuration as well as any data from the array.

I found the KB article (KB-000361) from Infosight in regards to Array Sanitization, so I would like to confirm that this will erase every configuration and data and put the arrays back to the factory default.

6 REPLIES 6
Drippos
Occasional Visitor

Re: storage companies near me

[quote]

Hi community,

Hopefully someone can help me here.

We have several Nimble arrays (CS500) that are out of support while we closed out a datacenter a few month ago. The arrays have been shipped back and now sitting in the warehouse at HQ. Storage companies near me company G&J Moving.

We need to ewaste/recycle these arrays but due to the company compliance requirement we are requested to erase all the configuration as well as any data from the array.

I found the KB article (KB-000361) from Infosight in regards to Array Sanitization, so I would like to confirm that this will erase every configuration and data and put the arrays back to the factory default.

[/quote]

Yes, good move

Storage companies near me
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: earse/wipe all configuration and data on the arrays

This process follows NIST SP 800-88 standards for secure data erasure.
It just sanitizes the disks. It does not restore the array to factory defaults.

A reimage is what restores the array to default. Since the arrays are out of support, reimage is not supported without Nimble Support Management approval.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

csi-laser125
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sheldon, and thanks for your reply.

What do you mean by "Not Supported"

If the support engineer told me I can do it, and told me the steps, it should work - right ?

I won't get his support, but it should work.

We tried to re-image our CS500, and in the serial I can see that the boot stuck in :
Loading Module : i40e

Do you have any clue what can cause it ? what am I doing wrong ?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

First, if the support engineer said you can do it, and told you the steps, it should work.

Second, I have no idea what the "Loading Module : i40e" is about or why the boot is stuck there.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

csi-laser125
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sheldon, and thanks for your response.

Of course that I also believe that it should work.

Just want to ask if there is any other approach I can try here ?

Tried now with older version. and now it's even didn't came up to the "Loading Module" step...

Maybe we also need to 'destroy' all the partitions from the USB and make it only 1 partition ?...

Thanks for any piece of help

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

While I don't know what Support may have told you, when I've re-imaged in the past. it was always necessary to remove all partitions from the USB. Then run something like Win32 Disk Imager to write the image directly to the USB, not to a partition (drive letter).

Accept or Kudo