Array Performance and Data Protection
1753835 Members
7408 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

volume collection does not have associated VMware Virtual Machines on VMFS datastores

xfce

volume collection does not have associated VMware Virtual Machines on VMFS datastores

Already submitted a ticket to support yesterday + awaiting response.

Does anyone have familiaityr with this event?
Data Protection > Hourly > Validate:

Successfully communicated with agent but volume collection does not have associated VMware Virtual Machines on VMFS datastores.

This occured at random yesterday and persists today - everyone was off for the holiday so no changes were made to either VMware / vCenter or the Nimble.

Additionally, SNMP monitoring all started showing "not found" results for the datastores.

Yet all of the VMs are performing as expected today and throughout the weekend (all of the datastores live on the Nimble).
4 REPLIES 4
techin
Super Advisor

Re: volume collection does not have associated VMware Virtual Machines on VMFS datastores

Did the issue get resolved?

DH99
Occasional Contributor

Re: volume collection does not have associated VMware Virtual Machines on VMFS datastores

I am seeing this error on 3 volume collections on an older Nimble storage unit, and wondering what the cause & resolution was to XFCE's original post? Has anyone else seen this? 

"Unknown error. Successfully communicated with agent but volume collection does not have associated VMware Virtual Machines on VMFS datastores."

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Have you opened a Support ticket?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

Is the array using a custom CA cert?  It may need to be imported into vCenter.

--m

HPE Nimble Storage