Array Performance and Data Protection
1753797 Members
7417 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

where to download infosight sizing tool.

Dylan-G
Occasional Contributor

where to download infosight sizing tool.

Hi,

I use Ninja sizing tool to size Nimble requirement with just capacity and iops info. The sizer didnt mention to use Infosight Sizer to check the CPU usage of Nimble. (bottom of picture)

Where to download this "Infosight Sizer" ?

Thanks.

thumbnail_image.png

3 REPLIES 3
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Re: where to download infosight sizing tool.

The Infosight Sizing Tool is available on Infosight to accredited HPE partners enabled for Nimble Storage.

First, login to Infosight and head to a Nimble organisation (for example, Infosight Demo - Nimble). If you have access, you'll find the sizing tool under the "Resources" tab - it's called Primary Storage Sizing Tool.

If you can't see it, head to Resources->Infosight->General Help. At the bottom of the page you'll see instructions on how to request access to the additional features for partners.

You're absolutely doing the right thing - NEVER size Nimble based on NinjaSTARS alone.

Finally, i'm not sure if you know about this but we have a dedicated HPE partner forum and training site under TechPro.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
Dylan-G
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nick,

Got it under Infosight login.

Will checkout the TechPro as well.

Reason I want to check this due to we have a HF20, intermittently latency spike over 100ms and SQL VM become very slow, but during that time, the IOPS is below 1000 and throughput is about 40MBps only. 

Thanks.

Dylan.

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Sounds potentially that the data is not warm in cache and thus is having to pre-fetch the data. I would suggest a discussion with Nimble Support to diagnose.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_