108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Adding a shelf to existing CS 300

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pman
Advisor

Adding a shelf to existing CS 300

Currently have an CS 300 array that has 2 additional shelfs with it.  Looking to add another shelf and was looking for the Guide to help with the setup.  Anythign special i should be aware of/  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding a shelf to existing CS 300

Hello!

There are some considerations around a "memory to flash ratio" (how much flash a controller can address). The CS300 can address 16TB of SSD in total (if I recall correctly) so this might need a touch of consideration depending on the size of shelf you want to add (a 90T shelf includes a 2TB SSD, for example).

Have a chat with your local SE as they should be able to validate this quite easily.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
Pman
Advisor

Well teh shelf config was put together by our local NImble/HPE Rep so i hope that is taken into account.  any special conciderations when adding it to the current system??  We are Currently at OS version  5.0.6.0.  Thanks

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Then you're all set! adding a shelf is non-disruptive and is a very simple process.... but I always clicking the "activate" button in the GUI out of hours.

Nick Dyer
Pman
Advisor

Thankis again for the reply Nick.  Is there any kind of documentation about adding teh shelf?  My boss is a very nervous nelly and thinks we need to pay someone to do it.  LOL.  It's what i have to deal with.  Thanks again!!

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Yes indeed - Infosight is your friend!

https://infosight.hpe.com/InfoSight/media/cms/active/qsg_shelf_expansion_es1.pdf

Nick Dyer