108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CS420 Lifecycle

SOLVED
Go to solution
J Benway
Advisor

CS420 Lifecycle

I was wondering if nimble has a life cycle document for the CS420 so I know how much longer it is expected to be support and when the EOS/EOL will be for this model.

thanks,jb

8 REPLIES 8
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Jason,

if you head to Infosight->Documentation you'll find a section called Support Policies link. In there you should find the End of Availability notice of the CS200/CS400, as well as our overall Support Policy for hardware and software.

To summarise both documents, the policy is that we will allow customers to purchase another FIVE years of support from the day a system is made End of Availability, The CS220/240/260/420/440/460 was made End of Availability on Dec 11th 2014, so that means we will support them for hardware break/fix but also current and new software features, up to Dec 11th 2019.

Hope that answers your question?

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
J Benway
Advisor

I looked at infosite before posting тШ║ just didnтАЩt look all the way in the top right corner for the drop down.

Thank you.

julez66
Frequent Advisor

Just an FYI Jason, we just completed an upgrade from a CS260G to a CS500 in case you ever plan on extending that life cycle and picking up some of the new features like being able to add more than 3 shelves.

It requires an outage, but we had no problems doing the upgrade. The controller swap went flawlessly.

We're doing our secondary site this weekend.

J Benway
Advisor

thanks, I'll keep that in mind. too bad it required an outage

I thought that was one of the selling points because of the dual controllers? Its been awhile

jb

jstinson105
Advisor

I also thought a controller upgrade was supposed to be nondisruptive. Maybe the age difference was too great? Perhaps an SE can weigh in on this?

rugby0134
Esteemed Contributor

The upgrade from 200/400 series to a 300/500/700 requires an outage because we changed the bus inter-connect to a higher capacity connection. This change in architecture cannot be done live.

J Benway
Advisor

Thanks for the quick and detailed response!

jb

julez66
Frequent Advisor

Yep what Kevin said.
We knew that going into this specific upgrade.
We weren't looking for just a performance upgrade, we were looking at adding in a 4th shelf as well (AFS actually) as well as the possibility for capacity expansion beyond what we have.  And honestly the actual upgrade of the controllers took maybe an hour at the most? And we added the AFS after we did the CS260 > CS500 as well.

Of course shutting stuff down took longer