Re: Can't Set Up Nimble Manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
hoangdv105
Occasional Advisor

Can't Set Up Nimble Manager

Dear All,

error23.PNG

I'm a newbie when it comes to Nimble Storage, and when I set up the Nimble Manager I receive an error.

Please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Can't Setup Nimble Manager

Hello Hoang,

This has previously been reported on Connect here. Firstly, please open up a support case (support@nimblestorage.com) to troubleshoot; it could be this is a known bug with an easy workaround.

If the setup continues to fail this way please follow Paul's instructions at the bottom of the thread I linked above to install the array via the CLI.

Hope this helps!

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
hoangdv105
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your support.

I have finished config.

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Great. Please do reach out to Support, as we'd like to collect the logs from the Setup Manager installer to triage.

Nick Dyer
hoangdv105
Occasional Advisor

Hi Nick,

I'm purchasing 2 HP Virtual Connect Flex 10/10D Blade Chassis C7000, And Nimble CS220G (4 port 10GB). Now Can I connect directly between Nimble and VC Flex 10 ? I read one article in forum and Nimble engineer told that It's not possible. Please, could you explain me more details ? Do I need purchase 2 switches 10GB to resolve redundant paths issues or give me any ideas if Nimble has another solutions ?

Link Connect a 10GB Nimble Array to an HP C7000 Blade Chassis

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hello Hoang,

As per the thread, directly connecting a Nimble array to Flex10 HP Blade interconnects is not supported, as they are not really switches, more an aggregation of virtual NICs. Therefore things such as controller firmware upgrades, failovers & swaps are not supported without Supports direct involvement.

Nick Dyer
hoangdv105
Occasional Advisor

Hi Nick,

Thank you so much for quick reply

Hoangdv

jking122

The 2.2.x setup manager does not allow underscores in the array name.  I'm going to guess that the SAN won't allow them, but the older setup manager does, which causes the error.  Remove the underscores and try again.