1753652 Members
5841 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Connect-NSGroup does not connect me

david_reese
Occasional Advisor

Re: Connect-NSGroup does not connect me

understanding that it is unsupported and if no further help is allowed but im getting that cert error that i was getting before and also a couldnt connect to resource.Do you know what ports powershell uses to communicate with the array? I could put a wireshark on it or look at firewall logs if need be.

PS C:\Windows\system32> connect-nsgroup -group <MGMNTIP>

cmdlet Connect-NSGroup at command pipeline position 1

Supply values for the following parameters:

credential

Get-Certificate : Failed to get website certificate. The error was 'Exception calling "GetResponse" with "0"

argument(s): "Unable to connect to the remote server"'.

At C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\NimblePowerShellToolKit\NimblePowerShellToolKit.psm1:867 char:13

+     $cert = Get-Certificate -Uri $url -TrustAllCertificates

+             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Get-Certificate

Exception calling "DownloadString" with "1" argument(s): "Unable to connect to the remote server"

Exception calling "DownloadString" with "1" argument(s): "Unable to connect to the remote server"

At C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\NimblePowerShellToolKit\NimblePowerShellToolKit.psm1:839 char:9

+         $response = $webClient.DownloadString($url) | ConvertFrom-Json

+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException

PS C:\Windows\system32>

mblumberg16
Respected Contributor

Looking online it seems that HTTP port 5985,  and HTTPS  port 5986.

As for the certificate error, looking at some internal notes it could be related to proxy settings, do you have one in house?      

david_reese
Occasional Advisor

We do not have a proxy set on this machine. I will try to look for firewall blocks on those two ports while trying to access the array.