New Discussion юеВ

Re: Considering Nimble SANs

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel-san
Frequent Advisor

DO IT - DO IT!

Seriously - I cannot say enough good things about Nimble and in the interest of full disclosure, yes, I own a partner company.  HOWEVER, because I am the owner, I'm also the guy who gets to write the checks for the technology we buy and use, and I make it a rule to not recommend stuff to our clients that I don't use myself.  I call it 'eating our own dogfood', a phrase i stole from my time at Microsoft, who coined it.  Nimbles aren't cheap - but they also are not a rip off like some other brands - you get what you pay for.  And they JUST WORK.  Once you have them (properly) set up (which is not difficult with their great support resources), they just work and work well.  Their support is world class - no flunkies - no tiered support, where you have to start out with some dud to get someone competent - everyone in support is a rockstar (IMHO).  I don't gush about a vendor or their products unless i believe it because it buys me nothing.  We've sold, designed, and supported thousands of SANS/NAS/DAS systems in our 20 years in business and Nimble has so far been, hands-down, the best.  Just my .02. 

http://nickmitchellblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/benStillerDoIt1.jpgbenStillerDoIt1[1].jpg

dajonx135
Advisor

Thank you very much for your thoughts!

dajonx135
Advisor

Thank you for your thoughts!