Array Setup and Networking
1748019 Members
4960 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE HF20 Nimble not sending logs to Nagios Log Server

BT11

HPE HF20 Nimble not sending logs to Nagios Log Server

Our HF20 Nimble Storage array will not send logs to Nagios Log Server.  I configured the SysLog via the GUI , I have tried several ports 514, 5544, 51400, ect... . I searched the forums and cannot find anything recent regarding this issue.   Does anyone have insight on how this is supposed to be configured ?

I am running version 5.2.1.600

Regards,

BT

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPE HF20 Nimble not sending logs to Nagios Log Server

System recommended content:

1. HPE Storage/SAN - Complete Log Collection Steps

2. Urika-GX System Administration Guide 2.0UP00 S-3016 | Configure the Nagios Server to Send Email Notifications

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

BT11

Re: Query: HPE HF20 Nimble not sending logs to Nagios Log Server

@support_s ,   Thank you for the links. However, I did not find anything in the first document pertaining to the HF20 Nimble Array(s)

Regards,

BT

Vipin_S
HPE Pro

Hello,

Yes, You are right as you need to use port 514 for Syslog server configuration. Nimble Arrays support the Red Hat Enterprise Server and Splunk implementations of Syslog. UDP is used to communicate between the array group and the Syslog server (SSL is not supported at this time)

Can you please provide the serial number of the array as I would like to check from my end. ?
Also, can you tell me if this was working before and stopped now?
Or is this an initial issue you are facing.? Did you check from the Nagios Server end as well? If not please have a look into (https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/nagios-log-server-troubleshooting-selinux-and-rsyslog-490.html)

Vipin_S
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

BT11

@Vipin_S 

It has never worked.  The storage is less than a year old.  Serial Number is Confidential info erased  Software version 5.2.1.600-841103

I have looked for logs on the HPE HF20 but have not found any.  There is no syslog.conf file.

regards,

BT

Vipin_S
HPE Pro

Hello, 

As per process this requires some troublesooting from storage side and server side.
Can you please send an email to the Nimble Support team along with your Nimble array serial number.

supportcase@nimblestorage.com

A case will be automatically created and the Nimble Support Engineer will contact you over email.

Vipin_S
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo