New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE Nimble Racking

SOLVED
Go to solution
Venkat_Subs
Occasional Contributor

HPE Nimble Racking

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if HPE Nimble comes with sliding rack kit and cable management arm? If it has to be added separately then what are the part numbers?

Best regards

Venkat Subramanian

4 REPLIES 4
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

From the Nimble Storage QuickSpecs:
"HPE Nimble Storage arrays and expansion shelves are compatible with industry standard 4-post EIA 19-inch racks with square mounting holes, including HPE 36U, 42U and 48U Enterprise Shock Racks. HPE recommends HPE racks with a depth of 1200mm to best accommodate the length of the Nimble Storage chassis; the HPE 1200mm rack provides ample room for cabling and ease of serviceability."

There are no cable management arms.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Lee_Hiscox
Solution

Hi,

So we have a AF Series Nimble we purchased a couple of months ago. It came with rack rails but they were fixed. I am not sure why you would want sliding rails as all the accessiblilty is at the front and the rear. Controllers are removed from the rear and disks are accessible from the front.

The one recommendation I would make is to invest in a 1200mm deep rack as these things are long. They are longer then a DL380 and Synergy frames.

Other than that they are a great piece of kit.

Hope this helps?

Venkat_Subs
Occasional Contributor

Appreciate the response

I was looking for specific answer and your response has helped.

Thanks

Best regards.

CajunPCGeek

Does HPE make a rail kit for Nimble for round hole racks or only for square hole racks?