108809 Solutions
New Discussion

How do I connect to a CS300?

SOLVED
Go to solution
mwhite126
Occasional Advisor

How do I connect to a CS300?

I've got our new CS300 installed into the rack and powered up, but I can't connect to it to begin configuration.  I've tried two methods to make the initial connection and I'm coming up with nothing.

First attempt:  windows client with the Windows toolkit installed.  plugged it into the same VLAN w/o luck.   Plugged it straight into the management port via normal CAT5 and crossover cables.   No arrays are found.

Second:  Use native KVM on the back of the CS300.   I get a lovely Linux like CLI, but any attempts to list (or add) IP info or Network info fail.

I've read the install guide and the users guide, all it says to do is plug a system with the Toolkit installed into the same subnet.    I'm clearly missing something.  Anybody want to throw me a bone?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
mwhite126
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: How do I connect to a CS300?

I finally got connected by running the setup command via the KVM/CLI and entering the IP info there.   Now I can connect via the URL.

rfenton4
Honored Contributor

Re: How do I connect to a CS300?

Hey Matt,

Welcome to NimbleConnect

There are three methods to connect:

Windows Host:  Download the Nimble Windows Toolkit, install it onto a laptop that is on the same VLAN and plugged into the same switch as eth1 on the two controllers (A+B).  Start up the toolkit and Discovery the array.   No need to set an IP address, it discovers over the Bonjour protocol.   (Note: I'd never used a crossover cable however I suspect this wouldn't work as you would want to see both Controller A and B)

Mac Host:  Simple just enable Safari Bonjour browsing, discover and install (nothing to download/install at all)

Array Install: OSX Tip

CLI: As you discovered just connect a Serial or KVM to the dongle of the controller and install via CLI (default password is admin/admin) and then run setup

Cheers

Rich