Array Setup and Networking
1753758 Members
4706 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to gracefully remove a Nimble Datastore from ESXi & delete the volume from Nimble...

SOLVED
Go to solution
jlehman123
Occasional Advisor

How to gracefully remove a Nimble Datastore from ESXi & delete the volume from Nimble...

I was wondering if there was an official method of gracefully removing a Nimble Datastore from a ESXi cluster & then deleting that volume from the Nimble array.

I couldn't find anything online & I saw a few discussions that point to, the need of a specific order in how this task is performed.

Thanks,

Jason

3 REPLIES 3
jrich52352
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to gracefully remove a Nimble Datastore from ESXi & delete the volume from Nimble...

you just delete the datastore and then delete the volume.

nothing to special

eysfilm136
Advisor
Solution

Justin said it all.  Yes it's pretty simple.  Here are the detailed notes I've setup for our Org...

Remove Cloned Volume

Once your VM is all restored and no longer required you want to be sure to remove the cloned volume.

Open vCenter server and browse to ‘Datastores and Datastore Clusters’.
Select the desired Datastore, and click ‘Enter SDRS Maintenance Mode’.
Right-Click the datastore and select ‘Unmount’.  Run through the unmount wizard.
Right-Click the datastore and select ‘Delete’.  Confirm the deletion.

Login to the Nimble Web Portal, select ‘Manage > Volumes’.

Select the volume you want to delete.

Select ‘Set Offline’.
Select ‘Delete’ and confirm the deletion.

That’s it.  Your volume is all removed.

†Shawn

jlehman123
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I guess I read too much into the known issues change log from the last firmware update. I will give this a try.

Jason