Array Setup and Networking
1752696 Members
6025 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Is Nimble vulnerable to ShellShock or Man-in-the-Middle?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joseph Stanczak
Occasional Advisor

Is Nimble Vulnerable to ShellShock or Man-in-the-Middle?

I see Heartbleed was mitigated, but what of these other two recent vulnerabilities?

4 REPLIES 4
Joseph Stanczak
Occasional Advisor

M-I-M = css-Injection vulnerability

edayeh69
Valued Contributor

Hi Joseph,

I know for a fact that ShellShock has been dealt with. You can see our response to this threat by logging into Infosight, then clicking on help in the top right. Once on the Help page, you should select Bulletins on the left hand side of the page and this will bring up a list of all recent bulletins. The first one should be a response to ShellShock.

With respect to MIM, I don't believe we are vulnerable to this but by all means, please ask support for verification as they will have the most up to date information on this.

Regards,

Ezat

edayeh69
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Joseph,

I have found that MITM has also been dealt with. This is described in Nimble Storage Field Alert #: EXT-0005 which can also be found under the Help menu in Infosight under Alerts. The ShellShock statement is detailed under Nimble Storage Field Alert #: EXT-0006 as well.

Hopefully this answers your questions and if you have any others, please feel free to post under another topic.

Regards,

Ezat

Joseph Stanczak
Occasional Advisor

Thank you Ezat - thought I did a thorough search on those notifications - must have missed something.