New Discussion

Nimble HF40 Array maintenance checklist

SOLVED
Go to solution
pcryan5
Occasional Contributor

Nimble HF40 Array maintenance checklist

Good Morning

I am looking for a Nimble HF40 Array maintenance checklist. What tasks should be run on what frequency?

Does such a list exist?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Nimble HF40 Array maintenance checklist

Maintenance.
You mean like dusting the array?  8^D

Seriously, on at least a quarterly basis check for new NimbleOS firmware. The Nimble Management GUI homepage will show the state of the hardware in the bottom center. If a link appears mentioning new software, click it!

In the Administration > Software section, (which is where the above-mentioned link took you),  click the download (and once downloaded) the update buttons. Accept the EULA and sit back. As always, everything is documented at InfoSight.hpe.com. And when in doubt, call Nimble Support.

Keep. The. Firmware. Up. To. Date!

Come to think of it, that would be a Really Good Time to check your switches' firmware and update them as well! Don't be the customer that lets the switches sit for ten(?) years, then go to update their firmware and find out some required intermediate firmware version no longer exists!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

pcryan5
Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much Sheldon for a useful response. Much appreciated!

~Peter

PS I note you did not mention watering the array. Frequently or let me wilt?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

I have heard water-cooling is a good method of controlling temperature of some equipment. But not Nimble arrays.  You're better letting it wilt!!! 

ROFL!!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo