108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Nimble Monitoring on TV

SOLVED
Go to solution
awheeler24
Occasional Contributor

Nimble Monitoring on TV

What is the best way to monitor basic Nimble performance metrics on a display board. In IT we have a TV on the wall that I would like to put key infrastructure monitoring on so we can see at all times Storage, network and Server load. I guess I could log into the Nimble array with browser and just resize it, but is there a better/easier way to show MB/s, latency metrics and not take up more than about 1/3 of the screen?

6 REPLIES 6
nglick57
Advisor
Solution

Hi Aaron,

Are you looking for real time metrics or historical?  If you want real time, you can browse to Monitor > Performance, like you mentioned or you can get data from the CLI using the "stats" command.  I've written a blog about some of the cool data you can get from the stats command:

Glick's Gray Matter: Nimble Performance 101 - CLI Style

Using the CLI might be your best bet to get information in the space requirements you're looking for.

If you're looking for historical data, InfoSight is invaluable.  I hope this helps!

Neil

Not applicable

Cli would be hard to put on a monitor for people to easily read and translate to how the system is going. Having a monitor user on the web interface would be good, however it seems there is an inactivity timeout of 30 minutes. I would want this monitoring user to be logged in long time and just have access to the Monitor>performance page. Is this possible?

apolman45
Advisor

Hi Aaron,

Frank from SRON put together some nice scripts to integrate Nagios with Nimble. Maybe you can borrow some of his scripts. Info @ Integrate Nagios and Nimble

Arne

nglick57
Advisor

Hi Aaron,

Go to Administration > Security > Inactivity Timeout.  You can set how long you'd like the GUI timeout to be in minutes.  Currently the maximum value is 720 minutes which is 12 hours.

Hope this helps!

Neil

wector106

Hi,

it is possible to get some stats over the SNMP Protocoll. We use Paessler Monitoring Tool to get some extra Data f├╝r long term viewing.

And with the Paessler product you can build up some Dashboards that you can access via HTTP.

Nimble-SNMP.JPG

tmoore106
Trusted Contributor

Tim, you can read the SNMP Reference guide to see all the available metrics in the Nimble MIB. Chapter 2. The guide is available from Infosight in the downloads section.