108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Nimble OS v2.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel-san
Frequent Advisor

That is not how paying customers should be supported - asked to be burdened with calling support for something that is 'released'.  The way it SHOULD work is that if Nimble is going to say this is GA, and there is some reason that a system has been 'blacklisted', then Nimble should take the *INITIATIVE* to engage that customer.  That SHOULD be something you do in exchange for the fees paid for support.  A key Nimble selling point is your proactive PAID monitoring so you guys need to actually DELIVER on that promise by proactively engaging customers who are 'blacklisted' to notify them of that and explain why - not burden your customers with having to try and reverse engineer why GA does not actually MEAN GA, the way it does with every other vendor.

Again, you guys do not seem to be able to grasp the problem - that you are all communicating differently and inconsistently, with some of you saying this is 'released', others saying it's not, and others saying it is, but only provisionally.  As a customer that is a HORRIBLE approach.  You must do better.

I'm all for not deploying until things are stable - that's not the issue.  The issue is the inconsistent communications and the expectation that your customers should have to chase you guys around to get straight answers.  That is unacceptable.

marktheblue45
Valued Contributor

A bit harsh Daniel but I understand your concerns. I've had impeccable support so far

marktheblue45
Valued Contributor

Our system(s) are Not live yet and we're using vSphere 5.5 enterprise so I'd like to trial the 2.0.6 version.

Daniel-san
Frequent Advisor

As have I.  But this is not about the Nimble tech support team (who I'd say are one of the best I've ever dealt with in my 25 years in the business) - it's about a Nimble policy.  There's nothing harsh about it either - it's the truth and it needs to be said without anyone acting overly-sensitive to some fair criticism.  Nimble is a young company with great potential but the only thing that makes good GREAT is being challenged to be better.  No person or organization makes that transition by accident, without being challenged so they need to hear it.  I didn't get to where I am by being given a pass on things.  Nimble won't either.  We're also a partner and I believe in Nimble enough that I'm betting a good part of my business on them.  I'm also a shareholder.  I want them to be a better company and that's not 'harsh' - that's reality.

marktheblue45
Valued Contributor

You make lots of good points and I wouldn't disagree with any single point you make. My biggest complaint if you can call that is the lack of role based admin and syslog support.

rod129
Solution

We currently have over 250 production customer systems running the 2.0 release.

I understand you have heard some mixed messages regarding the rollout. I will see that that is cleared up internally so we're all consistent.

I will iterate that 2.0.6.0 has met our GA criteria but we are still controlling downloads through the WebUI only. Customer systems are being safe-listed for this release in a controlled manner as we validate network configuration using InfoSight data to ensure a smooth transition to this release. We are continuing to reach out to any customers that cannot be approved and we continue to safelist and notify all other customers that 2.0.6.0 has met our GA criteria and is available to download through the WebUI.

I apologize for the confusion we caused. I hope our actions going forward will help everyone understand the rollout process for this release.

Rod Bagg

VP Customer Support