5710 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Nimble Setup manager looping round after successful completion

jlangmead
Regular Advisor

Nimble Setup manager looping round after successful completion

Hi

I'm having trouble with a new HF20 array where the Nimble Serup Manager is completing ok but when I browse to log into the array following the setup procedures, the array shows me the start of the setup manager wizard again and I need to run through the entire setup process again. It continually does this and never allows me to log into the array and see the normal landing page. 

I get the same irrespective to if I setup the array via the GUI or the CLI

Has anyone seen this issue before or think of anything I can try\check

I have a second array (AF40) which is fine - I completed the setup wizard and can log into the array as expected and create volumes etc etc

I've restarted the array several times but not in a position to cold boot as it's in a remote datacenter currently. I then need to run 'array --resetup' from the command line to avoid an error saying the array is already configured and allow me to try again.

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Candhade
HPE Pro

Re: Nimble Setup manager looping round after successful completion

What is the Hardware configuration of the Array? Do you have iSCSI or FC HBA or both?

If there is no Add-on HBA, then you have to configure Eth1  & Eth2 port as Management + Data.

The only thing i can think of now is Network settings you are doing. Please check if Eth1 of both the controllers are connected to the management network (vlan) and check if all the networking information you are trying to set is correct.

If problem persists, you need to contact Nimble support and share your scree in a Zoom session to troubleshoot further.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

jlangmead
Regular Advisor

Hi

Thanks for the reply - and that could be it exactly.

The cabling is currently in-complete due to delays in getting the networking kit commissioned so only the management ports are cabled in. The array itself has iSCSI ports but these are not yet cabled but should be withn the next week or so. I was hoping to get ahead by getting the Nimble setup completed but am currently configuring the management ports as 'management' only and also configuring the iSCSI ports with the correct subnets and interface IP addresses and as 'data' ports. 

Is the reason I'm getting this error due to the iSCSI ports not being physically cabled yet and my management port being configured as 'management' only?

If so I guess I may have to wait a week until the cabling for the iSCSI ports have been patched??

thanks

Candhade
HPE Pro

You can configure Eth1 & Eth2 ports as Management + Data now and later you can configure the iSCSI ports, Then change the Eth1 & Eth2 ports as Management only.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can absolutely complete the install of the Nimble system without any data networks provisioned. You do not need them to complete the install.

Please give Nimble Support a call to resolve this for you. Sounds like something's amiss in the setup flow.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_