1751805 Members
4929 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Nimble Virtual Array

saintdle136
Occasional Contributor

Nimble Virtual Array

Just a heads up, if your a Nimble partner, then the Nimble Virtual Array is available, reach out to your SE for more details, but it can be downloaded from the InfoSight downloads page.

I'll hopefully have a blog post soon on setting it up.

19 REPLIES 19
bgrieve65
Valued Contributor

Yes, and don't forget, you will need to generate a license key, which is good for 90 days. You will not be able to use the VM without it.

Not applicable

+1 for this! Thanks to the SEs at Nimble who kept bugging corporate to make this possible! I'm in post-sales for a new Nimble partner and this has been extremely useful to me for getting up to speed quickly before my first install.  I've taken the Install and Administer class and the online training, but you can't replace the experience of getting your hands on the tech.

wprather125
Visitor

Just getting it downloaded myself - I'll have something to tinker with now!  Long time to download, so gonna sleep on this for now... 

rlovett51
Occasional Advisor

Is there a reason why this is Partner access only? This would be very helpful to us customers as well.

rugby0134
Esteemed Contributor

Currently it's only a demo device for partners to help with learning, demo, script testing, and such. can't say anything about the future.

herzyk93

Great news, waited soooo long for that to happen. Thanks to all involved.

Unfortunately activating doesn't seem to work.

The site the VA tries to contact returns this: {"message":"HTTP 404 Not Found"}

rugby0134
Esteemed Contributor

the server your installing it on MUST have internet access to NImble on initial boot. we then ask for you activation code. if the server doesn't have internet access, please call support and then might have a work around.

herzyk93

The interfaces of the Nimble VM are in a network that has full internet access and gets a dhcp address for each interface it tries but can't reach infosight:

2016-02-03_160514.png

Not sure if that is normal, but it can't be pinged on the IPs it receives.

les_dunn
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dean,

Could this be the forerunner to Nimble launching an SDS solution?

Cheers,

Les.