from ESXI 6.7 to ESXI 7. NCM is installed with latest version

do I have to install NCM for version 7.0 after I upgrade my

ESXI host.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Nimble Vmware Upgrade

Yes. While upgrading from ESXi v6.x to v7.0, install the version of HPE Storage Connection Manager (NCM) for VMware for ESXi 7.0 as well.

Why wouldn't you?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

EliteX2Owner
Advisor

Re: Nimble Vmware Upgrade

Yes you have to; the 6.x NCM is 32-bit and the 7.x is 64 so no compatibility.  It's also now called HPE Storage Connection Manager with a new vendor code FYI.  Both factors ensure you simply can't update it using the normal lifecycle methods.  You'll need to maint mode your 6.7 hosts, esxcli software vib remove the current NCM software (two of them), reboot, upgrade, then install the HPE SCM, reboot, then re-apply the changes you'd made to ncm.conf if there were any customizations, reboot to activate those, although as of 7.0.2-700014 it's not retaining those changes for me so maybe don't bother applying your prior changes.

We found it was less effort and time to just install fresh and host profile the settings on since the long way is probably 10 reboots before things are finally ready to open back up.