1748213 Members
3126 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Nimble setup documentation

ronnieshihKK
Visitor

Nimble setup documentation

I'm looking for Nimble SAN setup and configuration documentations.  As always, I've been thrown into the fire to learn this at the customer.  I'm no stranger to SAN units, have done NetApp, Oracle, Equallogic.  I'm looking for guides on integration with Windows Hyper-V.  Already have networking setup ready to go.  Need info on how to create pool and best type of pool to create for hyper-v vm's sitting on a Windows hyper-v CSV volume.  thanks.  

4 REPLIES 4
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hello, and welcome to Nimble!

Firstly, you'll want to get yourself an account on Infosight - as that is where all resources are located for Nimble (documentation, KB articles, software downloads, HCL matricies etc).

https://infosight.hpe.com

You'll most likely need your Nimble serial number (starts with AF-xxxxxx).

You may need to speak with Nimble Support (support@nimblestorage.com) if you cannot validate your account against an array asset.

Next, take a look at the Nimble Welcome Centre - designed to help you get up and running with a Nimble deployment within 30 mins or so. https://infosight.hpe.com/welcomecenter 

Finally, under the Resources section of Infosight you'll see some handy "Deployment Consideration" guides for Hyper-V, as well as other apps like SQL, Exchange etc etc.

Also, we run complimentary 1-day hands on training courses around the globe should you wish to come along. Take a look at the schedule here to see if there's one in your region (be sure to change the country on the right of the screen). The course summary is here.

Truthfully, if you know EQL and the theory behind that system (ie groups, pools, volumes, host toolkits etc) then you'll be very familiar with Nimble. You can even setup the array using a Setup Manager for Windows, found inside the Windows Toolkit. However, you'll be pleased to hear that things such as data reduction, snapshots, clones, replication, VMware integration are all MUCH better (and that's coming from an ex-EQL employee).

Cheers!

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
ronnieshihKK
Visitor

I've already tried to do that, and received the following error.  How do I correct this?

Nimble Storage Customer Registration

Your login ronnie@myemaildomain..com cannot be automatically associated to an HPE Nimble Storage customer account.

The email address ronnie@myemaildomain.com is not associated with a Nimble customer account.
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi Ronnie,

I suspected this would probably happen. it's a security catch, to ensure people aren't registering themselves against customer array assets without approval.

Best thing to do is to speak with Nimble Support (support@nimblestorage.com), and they can get you approved against the Nimble asset.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
ronnieshihKK
Visitor

I AM registering the Nimble SAN for a customer and I'm the engineer onsite here setting it up.  I'll contact support.  Thank you!