4121 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Nimble storage management

Sayali1
Occasional Visitor

Nimble storage management

Hi,

I would like to know, once Nimble storage is configured, then how this can be managed by infoSight? Is this paid service? 

How can we manage storage using REST API's?

5 REPLIES 5
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi!

Infosight is a Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning technology which runs in the cloud (rather than a management or monitoring tool). As long as the array is sending DNA information, then Infosight is enabled. It's also embedded into Nimble Support by design, and therefore it's not a chargable or licensed service.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
Sayali1
Occasional Visitor

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

I basically want to know below things:
1. Nimble REST APIs are available to fetch data from Nimble storages, can we use this REST API in any third party software to monitor Nimble storage systems?
2. Any license is required to use the REST API in third party software?
3. We want to know legal clauses involved in such REST API usage.

Sayali1
Occasional Visitor

Can I get reply on this?

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hello

Nimble has no concept of licenses, so you can use our REST API without any worries. The full documentation is available on Infosight under Resources.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
swilson120
Advisor

It depends what you want to monitor and what tool you want to use.  We use Nagios/Centreon so we use a combination of REST API + SNMP to get what we can off the platform.  This allows us to reuse the monitoring logic and standards we have built into our solution.

I have a perl script that monitors the array(s) using the REST API.  Monitors things like disk, power supplies, controllers, etc...  While the array supports email for alerts, we use an SMS gateway to send messages to on - call technicians and needed a custom solution.