1752576 Members
3897 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Nimble virtual storage appliance running OS 5.0.4.0

NeilMurphyTD
Regular Visitor

Nimble virtual storage appliance running OS 5.0.4.0

IтАЩm doing some lab work using the VSA and IтАЩve been experiencing some stability issues after updating to the 5.0 release of the software. IтАЩm getting a lot of reboots and I think itтАЩs down to kernel panics. Is anyone else seeing problems? Could it be because I'm running on an AMD proc in my ESXi 6.5 host?

5 REPLIES 5
NeilMurphyTD
Regular Visitor

An update - the virtual array reboots whenever I try to do anything that causes IO - deploying a VM template, copying files, etc. The system seems to issue a boot command while the system is already up and running which leads to a complete reset. See attached.

NeilMurphyTD
Regular Visitor

Found my problem in the README under Known Issues:

Unexpected process restarts or kernel watchdog panics.
   If the virtual array is overloaded or does not get enough CPU cycles from
   the hypervisor, it could cause various health check mechanisms in HPE Nimble OS
   to kick in causing process restarts or even a kernel panic. To avoid this,
   be sure the physical hardware requirements are met.

My system has a dual core proc. Minimum hardware spec calls for 4 cores, even though the virtual appliance only has 2 vCPU. Looks like I'll need a bigger boat! 

Seenivasan-XP
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Kindly log a support case on this.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Seenivasan-XP

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************
woshiwenjia
Visitor

Where can I download nimble virtual storage appliance 5.0.4.0? I want to test it in a virtualized environment, but I don't have HPE partner account. Can you give me a download link? Thank you! personal info erased

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hello
The virtual array is only available to certified partners and internal staff. ItтАЩs not productised and is therefore unstable... and not something for end customers to use sadly.
Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_