Array Setup and Networking
1753937 Members
9718 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PowerShell Module

kallen27

Would it be possible to get a self-contained version (ZIP file) that could be installed via USB w/o Internet access?

clint_mcguire
Occasional Advisor

If you go to this GitHub link you can click Download Zip (button is the last one on the right). 

jrich523/NimblePowerShell ┬╖ GitHub

jrich52352
Trusted Contributor

you could also install it locally and then zip up the Nimble folder in your module folder inside your my documents. The advantage there is you dont get any of the unnecessary stuff

agnostic_comput

This is incredible. Nice work Justin. How did you make such a beautiful animated gif?

Oh the powershell module is cool too.

Is your module signed?     Want to try this out.

jrich52352
Trusted Contributor

Gifcam

and no its not signed, i dont have the $300 to drop on a code signing cert... you're welcome to buy one for me

agnostic_comput

I just may it's that cool!

Sorry I didn't mean to come off like a jerk just wanted to know.

jrich52352
Trusted Contributor

well maybe the nimble folks can pitch in and get me one since im doing the work for them

aherbert23
Trusted Contributor

Justin, you can get one pretty cheap from StartCom. That's where I got mine. They provide free trusted SSL certs for websites. The code signing ones are free too, but you have to have a second level ID check which is like $50.

jrich52352
Trusted Contributor

very cool, i'll have to check that out!

mikeelam57
Occasional Advisor

I am working with Nimble PowerShell module, and am curious if it can allow you to work with volume collections? The volume that I am wanting to snap/clone has SQL Databases. I want to be able to have the snapshot VSS aware so the databases can be brought online in a good state. Any recommendations?

Thanks,