108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Powershell Script to Create Clone, Mount Clone

SOLVED
Go to solution
jrich52352
Trusted Contributor

Re: Powershell - create clone, mount clone

for 2012 here is what i do, this will grab all "raw" disks, meaning anything that isnt used. this does make an assumption of only a single raw disk, but as you've shown its fairly easy to foreach it.

$disk = get-disk  | ? partitionstyle -eq "RAW"

set-disk -InputObject $disk -IsOffline $false

set-disk -InputObject $disk -IsReadOnly $false

Initialize-Disk -InputObject $disk -PartitionStyle MBR

New-Partition -InputObject $disk -UseMaximumSize -DriveLetter $letter

Format-Volume -DriveLetter $letter -FileSystem NTFS -NewFileSystemLabel "data" -Confirm:$false

also, to find the next valid letter...

$volumes = gwmi win32_volume

$letters = $volumes | ? {$_.driveletter} |  select -exp driveletter | sort | %{$_.replace(":","")}

$letter = [string][char]([char]'C'..[char]'Z' | ? {[char]$_ -notin $letters} | select -first 1)

aherbert23
Trusted Contributor

I noticed that Justin Rich is using the same GroupMgmt.dll that I made. I have a script that does something similar to the original request but for SQL servers. It could easily be modified to be used for any other such scenario. It also handles all the diskpart and chkdsk needs. I have a couple of customers that use this today for refreshing Dev/Test and reporting SQL servers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17785549/nimbleScripts.zip

jliu79
Frequent Advisor

Hi Adam, thanks. those are very good scripts. IтАЩll see if I can customize them according to my need. IтАЩll probably spend some time on improving my PS script skill first тШ║

jliu79
Frequent Advisor

Hi Justin, can you give me an example of the new-nsclone command? I couldnтАЩt figure out how to use it. Thanks.

jrich52352
Trusted Contributor

Looks like i havent fully implemented that part yet. let me take a look and see if i can get it going easily.

blunderdog45
Occasional Advisor

I've got these scripts loaded into powershell but am having trouble connecting to the array. When I enter the following command:

Connect-NSArray -SystemName 10.10.10.10 -UserName Admin -Password password

I get an error: "Couldn't login to http://10.10.10.10:4219/soap"

Can you tell what I'm missing here.

Thanks!

jrich52352
Trusted Contributor

so the username is case sensitive, its a lowercase a..

also you dont even need to provide that (its in case you've got other accounts setup, the default is provided)

Connect-NSArray -systemname 10.10.10.10 -password password

blunderdog45
Occasional Advisor

I'm getting back to this topic now. I still get a failure when I try to login. I'm using this command:

Connect-NSArray -systemname 10.10.10.10 -password mypass

and I get back the following error:

Couldn't login to http://10.10.10.10:4210/soap

Is there something that must be done to talk to the array on port 4210 or is it set by default?

gmiller132

I would like to know more about GroupMgmt.dll. Is this supplied by Nimble? An open source project?  Something else?

Thanks!

mikeelam57
Occasional Advisor

Did you ever get volume collections added to this module? Really want to create a snap/clone that is SQL consistent.

Thanks,

Mike