108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SRM Array pairs: Unable to find a matching consistency group

SOLVED
Go to solution
jstander57

SRM Array pairs: Unable to find a matching consistency group

hi,

Was hoping someone can please provide some assistance.

I am currently testing SRM with the Nimble virtual array.

SRM:  6.1

SRA:  3.0

Nimble VA: 3.1.0.0-331255

I have volume collections configured on both Nimble VA's which is successfully replicating the snapshots and replication partners show status OK.

However within SRM after I setup the Array pairs the Nimble virtual arrays give the following errors:

Unable to find a matching consistency group at the local site for the remote consistency group 'vNimble1to2'.

Unable to find a matching consistency group at the remote site for the local consistency group 'vNimble2to1'.

I can see the local Devices on each array.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
dbauder92
Valued Contributor

I had a little trouble setting this all up too.  I assume you are going to utilize the Nimble replication and that is working.  In SRM you are using array based replication and not VMware replication.  I hate to say read the manual, but what helped me was relying heavily on chapter 2 of the SRM Admin guide.  I think, if I understand your issue, the array based replication needs to be configured or refreshed to discover the replicated Nimble Volume Collections or protected single volumes.

In the vSphere web client, under SRM, from the Array Based Replication section, have you discovered the array pairs?  Then pick one of the storage arrays and run the discover devices operation.  This should get you past the error you are currently seeing.

jstander57

Thanks Dan, appreciate the response.

Currently the arrays are paired and also did run the discovery for array and device operations.

Showing below is a screenshot of the error message.

What is interesting, and not sure if this is the way it is suppose to work, but local array shows NimbleVA01 and the local device shows SRMVC01 but on that particular array the I have another volume which is local.  the SRMVC01 is the replicated volume from other pairs Nimble array.   This could be part of reason why showing unknown.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 2.10.58 PM.png

dbauder92
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I saw this too when I had first setup the Nimble Volume Collection

but it had not replicated anything to the remote site. If you force a

replication or change your schedule to replicate right away and then you

should be good.

Dan Bauder, VCP 3, 4, 5, DCV

UNC Charlotte, Information & Technology Services

9201 University City Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28223

Phone: 704-687-0274

dbauder@uncc.edu <username@uncc.edu>* |* http://www.uncc.edu

jstander57

I already have successful replication snapshots for volume collection.  I was even able to handover the volume collection successfully.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 2.55.54 PM.png

dbauder92
Valued Contributor

Sorry, crazy day here yesterday. One additional thought did you install the Nimble SRA software on your SRM server?

jstander57

Hi Dan,

No problem at all.

Yes  i do have the SRA installed.

I tried with both version 2.3 and 3.0.

Cheers

seanduff41
Solution

Hi Johann

I had the same issue as you yesterday. I was in the last stage of upgrading a customers vSphere / SRM environment and hit this little beauty.

After laborious trouble shooting with an engineer it was the fact that the SRM Volumes which had been created for SRM 5 had not been given initiator group authentication.

In SRM 5 they worked fine but after the upgrade to 6 + it wont accept it. I added initiator groups and had to removed the unrestricted access, after a rescan of the Array Devices on the SRM side they showed again.

Hope this helps.

jstander57

Hi Sean,

Thank you for the response.

I had opened a case but been offsite with customers since then and just totally forgot to update the case but your are spot on with your response.

I did not assign the initiator groups and was set to unrestricted access which was causing our issue.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers

Transmax

Thanks for the that, we were having the same issue and it helped us too