1753872 Members
7141 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Set VMware RoundRobin PSP through PowerCLI

jrich52352
Trusted Contributor

Re: Set VMware RoundRobin PSP through PowerCLI

so perhaps im not out of my mind then. i've been noticing some of mine reverting back to most recent...

also its easier to set in 5 on,

Get-VMHost | Get-ScsiLun -CanonicalName eui* | Set-ScsiLun -MultipathPolicy RoundRobin

might need to check the canonical name on your system, or filter differently, but the set-scsilun cmdlet makes this easy

aherbert23
Trusted Contributor

I have not seen a problem with these settings being retained after reboots so I don't believe this is an issue. I'm not setting the default PSP (as the article you linked) but a PSP rule that only affects Nimble volumes. I don't think that call is plagued by the same bug. The other settings are directly on the device and again not the same issue.

jrich52352
Trusted Contributor

I cant say for sure if i am or not. but i could have sworn i had previous set all my paths to RR. perhaps i didnt but, this time im sure, so im going to keep an eye on it.

Brendan Oldham
Occasional Contributor

After some research, it looks like the performance bottleneck is our Cisco 2960 switches. Apparently, they can't handle the traffic when IOPs were set to 0, so I set IOPs back to default. They perform fine in our environment (municipal government) using VMware defaults.

wen35
Trusted Contributor

I just shameless modified Adam's script to try out esxcli storage command to list all MPIO settings/info after executing his script to change from PSP_MRU to PSP_RR & setting iops=0   it worked great - all I added was "$esxcli.storage.nmp.device.list()"

great error checking on your script Adam! 

tcrowley96

Brendan,

What type of performance issues were you getting as I also have Cisco 2960 switches.

I have been told the buffer size is to small on the 2960 and this increases the latency.

Tim