5609 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

USB stick in a controller -

SOLVED
Go to solution
rmueller112

USB stick in a controller -

searched google and here, no results show. looking for best way to replace it. Kind of got left the chore, have a replacement from nimble tech but the instructions look weak.. as I look in the back there is a power supply and larger casing below that with fans and nic. it has a large handle, with a locking screw. I suppose one pulls the power, pulls the controller, suppose all the way out, locate usb, replace, put controller back in, plug in.. now, tech mentioned something to the effect, "lightly press the power button, to start up the controller (which is the standby one), but not too hard or you will power off the unit". He did not mention if some configuration is lost doing this or not.

6 REPLIES 6
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: USB stick in a controller -

Hi Randy,

Call support and they can walk you through it on the phone. Essentially pull out the controller from the chassis (no need to pull power). The USB is visible on the right-hand side of the controller if looking at the back. It's a two minute job to replace it - very easy.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
rmueller112

Sounds simple enough. Is its in standby mode, do I have to put it into halt mode before pulling? тАЬhalt тАУarray тАУcontroller BтАЭ according to some instructions sent.

MervinMartinez
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Is there a part number or product number for the USB stick it self? is it an FRU? or it comes with the controller and loaded with boot files?

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The USB used to ship with previous generation systems and contained some of the boot files. In the Gen5 array, we ship it with onboard M.2 which has the boot files.

If you need the USBs for whatever reason, you can call Nimble Support and they will send some out FOC.

Nick Dyer
MervinMartinez
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

What about CS220g model, does controller ship with USB and with boot files in it? If does, can you help me for the part number of that controller?

Do you have contact info for Nimble Support? email add or number?

thanks!

Mervin Martinez

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi

All previous generaitons before Gen5 arrays ship with the USBs in the controllers. They have the bootloader loaded on them. We do not have FRU or parts for the NimbleOS USBs.

You can find Nimble Support phone numbers on this page (roughly half way down). Note that the Gen1 CS2x0/CS4x0 systems are now EOL since 31/12/2019 and there is no support available on them anymore. 

Nick Dyer