Array Setup and Networking
1752509 Members
4813 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Volume shows Initiator Connections being "One" connection instead of the usual "Four" Target IPs

MalibuDesign

Volume shows Initiator Connections being "One" connection instead of the usual "Four" Target IPs

Kind of a dumb question, maybe...

We recently rebuilt our main fileserver (From Server 2008 R2 to Server 2016 Datacenter) and I have noticed that when I recreated the iSCSI connections, under the Nimble volume I connected it only shows as the initiator having "One Connection" as opposed to the "Four Connections" it had before. Before I had 4 Target IPs going to each Initiator IP address (two NICs), now I only have 1 Target going to 1 IP. Why is this? Did I forget something?

I mean, everything is working fine. But if I'm not maximizing bandwidth I'd like to fox this.

2 REPLIES 2
dineshkumar_s
HPE Pro

Re: Volume shows Initiator Connections being "One" connection instead of the usual "F

Check if the MPIO is installed. (It would be in the Add/Remove roles/features, in the feature list, we should see Multipath I/O selected, if not, it needs to be added)

If the MPIO is been installed, perform a reboot of the server and try to reconnect.

If the issue persists install the Nimble Windows Toolkit and use the Nimble Connection Manager to manage the connections for iscsi for the array.

https://infosight.hpe.com/InfoSight/media/cms/active/pubs_Windows_Integration_Guide_doc_version_family.whz/qlp1507931732094.html. (will link to the Windows Integration Guide for Nimble if they have an Infosight account)

Contact HPE for further support.

Accept or Kudo
mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

Re: Volume shows Initiator Connections being "One" connection instead of the usual "F

Is the volume marked multi-initiator "yes"?  Is the correct version of NWT omsta;;ed fpr server 2016 datacenter?

HPE Nimble Storage