Array Setup and Networking
1752594 Members
3212 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Warning event log (how to clear it in a nimble CS300 v3.8.1.0)

SOLVED
Go to solution
AndrewArroyo

Warning event log (how to clear it in a nimble CS300 v3.8.1.0)

Hello Guys,

Im new to nimble storage, we had some scenario wherein we tried to overutilize the nimble performance (multiple instance of storage vmotion in a vCenter environment) and we had an increase of latency and sudden drop in IOPS, then a warning message pertaining to data_service alerted,

"The Data Service stopped unexpectedly on the array, system will try to recover from this failure. For the several seconds that the recovery takes, data access will be affected."

Currently No Hardware problems encountered nor any events except for data_service. Now, I cant seem to find on the gui nor in the cli how to clear this alert. Can someone advise me on how to clear this warning event or any event incase.. Or is this event will clear once the problem resolve? (meaning the data_service is still no yet ok)

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Sirko
Visitor
Solution

Re: Warning event log (how to clear it in a nimble CS300 v3.8.1.0)

Hello Andrew,

in my option you can't clear them...

after looking into Known Issues in NimbleOS version 3.9.0.0  found ID AS-73748 - Data Service / Title: Data Service may restart when Flash Cache latency spikes under heavy load and SSD sizes are imbalanced. There are several Known Issues that may lead to an unexpected restart of the Data Service to recover for NimbleOS 2.3 or higher.

my recommendation - please contact Nimble storage Support

KSALinville
Visitor

Re: Warning event log (how to clear it in a nimble CS300 v3.8.1.0)

You can delete the alarm from the command line.

alarm --list

alarm --delete [alarm ID]