5427 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

change mgmt mask and gateway on CLI

SOLVED
Go to solution
mtarquin122

change mgmt mask and gateway on CLI

Hi , i accidentally configured configure the wrong MASK and gateway for my nimble management port , now i have to do it from console to reconfigure it since i lost access , is there a way to do it ? how?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
ggawrych84
Solution

Re: change mgmt mask and gateway on CLI

Hi Marcos,

One of the ways I've done this in the past is to connect my laptop to the array using 1GbE hub I carry with me. I'll also connect to the serial port to verify IP address, netmask and then change the NIC adapter setting on my laptop to match whatever the network configuration is on the array. To access the GUI, you have to connect interface pairs together - ETH1 or 2 Controller A and ETH1 or 2 Controller B to the 1GbE hub. Once this is done, you can open a web browser from your laptop using the Management IP of the array and then change the networking by clicking Administration / Network Connections - Active Setting.

If that's not an option, you can make the changes in the CLI.

For editing the Gateway, refer to the following:

Edit a Static Route

You can edit one or more existing static routes using the Draft network configuration profile. The Draft profile is used to validate and activate the configuration changes.

Procedure

1. Create a Draft network configuration profile from the Active profile.netconfig --create_draft_from active
  2. Edit an existing static route.route --edit network --netconfig draft [--network new_network] [--gateway gateway]
  3. (Optional) Repeat Step 2 to edit more routes.
  4. Validate the Draft network configuration profile.netconfig --validate draft. Nimble OS validates the configuration. If an error exists, Nimble OS returns an error message. Resolve all errors before proceeding to the next step.
  5. Activate the Draft network configuration profile.netconfig --activate draft

Example

Editing a static route network IP address and gateway IP address using the Draft network configuration profile:

Nimble OS $ netconfig --create_draft_from active Nimble OS $ route --edit 192.168.50.0 --netconfig draft --network 10.190.25.0 --gateway 10.190.25.101 Nimble OS $ netconfig --validate INFO: Configuration is valid. Nimble OS $ netconfig --activate

For changing the Netmask,

Edit a Subnet

You can edit one or more existing subnets using the Draft network configuration profile. The Draft profile is used to validate and activate the configuration changes.

Procedure

1. Create a Draft network configuration profile from the Active profile.netconfig --create_draft_from active
  2. Edit an existing subnet.subnet --edit label [--new_label name] [--subnet_addr network_ipaddr/netmask] [--discovery_ipaddr ipaddr] [--type {mgmt | data | mgmt,data}] [--subtype {iscsi|group}] [--netzone_type {evenodd | bisect | single}] [--netconfigname] [--vlanid id] [--mtu mtu]
  3. (Optional) Repeat Step 2 to edit additional subnets.
  4. Validate the Draft network configuration profile.netconfig --validate draft. Nimble OS validates the configuration. If an error exists, Nimble OS returns an error message. Resolve all errors before proceeding to the next step.
  5. Activate the Draft network configuration profile.netconfig --activate draft

Example

Editing the data1 subnet using the Draft network configuration profile:

Nimble OS $ netconfig --create_draft_from active Nimble OS $ subnet --edit data1 --new_label data2 --subnet_addr 200.200.200.0/24 --netconfig draft Nimble OS $ netconfig --validate INFO: Configuration is valid. Nimble OS $ netconfig --activate

Good luck and hope this help!

- Guy