New Discussion юеВ

Re: dHCI Virtual Array

SOLVED
Go to solution
faruge
Occasional Contributor

dHCI Virtual Array

Hi there,

Has anybody downloaded the dHCI VIrtual Array from Infosight? 

I downloaded the ova for training and testing, however I cannot import the ova to VMware Workstation 15 - I receive an error "The import failed because c:\dHCI-VA.ova did not pass OVF specification conformance or virtual hardware compliance checks".

I have successfully imported the ova into ESXi, but I would like to test from VMware Workstation - which the "READ ME" file suggests this is possible.

I have also tried different versions of VMware Workstation on different operating systems including Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 without luck.

Maybe someone out there has had the same problem with a resolution?!?!?

Thanks in Advance

Justin

6 REPLIES 6
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

As you have access to the virtual array I assume you're a HPE Partner. If so, if you join the TechPro forums you will find a Nimble Ninja forum specifically for partners. Here I have posted a video demo of exactly how to use the dHCI virtual array.

It is only supported on VMware ESXi at this time, not VMware Workstation/Player/Fusion etc.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
faruge
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the information.  I will be sure to check the video out - I'm just trying to organise access.

Are you able to tell me if the dhci virtual array setup has the "stack setup" component included.  I managed to get it running in VMware workstation as well as ESXi, however after I complete the subnet config, there is not stack setup (i.e. configure vCenter and servers).  It goes straight to the portal instead like a normal Nimble setup.

Kind Regards,

Justin

faruge
Occasional Contributor

All good Nick

I have access to tech pro, and have found your demo that details what you can and can't do, including how to access the stack setup.

Kind Regards,

Justin

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi Justin! Excellent, and welcome to TechPro.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
prasetyo1
Regular Visitor

Hi Nick and Justin,

Please help to share the link? 

I am unable to get into stack-setup.

I am trying to search the forum but unable to find.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Prasetyo

Sunitha_Mod

@prasetyo1 

Hello Prasetyo, 

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and guide you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo