5541 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

vSphere Web Client plugin functionality vs. Console

SOLVED
Go to solution
bradley85

vSphere Web Client plugin functionality vs. Console

When will the web client more resemble the options you get when creating the volume from the console.  There are some advantages and a little less work using the web client, but I noticed that it doesn't allow me to select which initiator group to use and also which perfomance policy.  Are their plans to add this in sometime soon?

I'm running Nimble OS 3.2 and just updated my plugins today.

And yes, I know the web client isn't that great, but I'm trying to force myself to use it more these days...

1 REPLY 1
daniel_moloney
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: vSphere Web Client plugin functionality vs. Console

Hi Dave,

The Nimble Plugin for VMware Web Client is natively integrated into the Web Client and embedded into the VMware functionality. There is a really great blog (link below) that details the capability of the Web Client.

Nimble OS 2.3 – vSphere Web Client Integration

With the selection of initiator groups and performance policies this is not yet implemented into the web client, but is something we do automatically today. The vSphere 5 Performance Policy is automatically selected when provisioning a datastore, and we automatically detect if an initiator group exists for the selected hosts, if not we create one.

Unfortunately I don't know if this is something we are looking to change in the future.

Hope this helps.

Thanks