Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2530 PKI Subject Alternative Name

Highlighted
JohnSayce
Occasional Visitor

2530 PKI Subject Alternative Name

I'm trying to setup certificates that are signed by our Active Directory Certificate Services certificate authority.  I can create the certificate and they work fine in IE/Edge howerver chrome no longer support the common name field and instead requires the Subject Alternative Name field to be populated.  I believe this part of the certificate is  provided by the switch in the request.  Is there a way to add the Subject Alternative Name?  And thus have a valid certificate.

I'm using software version YA.15.16.0021 which was applied some time last year, (a year after google changed this setting in chrome,) however I have some brand new aruba 2530-8g switches that are just the same

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Nalla_VS
Occasional Advisor

Re: 2530 PKI Subject Alternative Name

Hi,

I have understood that chrome no longer support the common name field and instead requires the Subject Alternative Name field to be populated.
When you install a valid certificate on your switches (mostly 2530 and 2930F) have you checked whether Internet explorer is okay with the certificates and how they respond ?
The CA should be automatically adding the CN as a SAN(Subject Alternative Name). If they’re not, you should reach out to their support.

Thank You

I am an HPE Employee

I am a HPE Employee