108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

2920 Won't boot

SOLVED
Go to solution
cloidhamer
Occasional Visitor

2920 Won't boot

We had a power outage and our backup generator didn't kick on last night. When I came in to work one of my 2920 switches was not working. When powered on the blue location light comes on and the fans spin up. Then the location light goes off and the fans spin down. It repeats this on/off cycle endlessly. I tried accessing the console, but nothing gets posted just a black screen. I tried many searches and couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Craig

4 REPLIES 4
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: 2920 Won't boot

Hello,

What is the switch LED status while booting?

Hope you have config backup, if yes then Please restore to factory default configuration.

1.  Press clear and reset button simulatenously.

2. While continuing to press Clear, release Reset.

3. When the Test LED begins blinking (after aprrox 25secs), release Clear.

The switch removes all configuration changes, restores the factory default configuration, and runs self test.

If it wont came up after factory reset then you might need to replace the switch.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
cloidhamer
Occasional Visitor

Only the blue Location LED lights up. Pressing the Clear and Reset buttons does nothing. Could this be a symptom of a bad power supply?

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

You can refer below link for 2900 Switch Series - LED Indicators.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c01880002

What is the product number (JXXXXX)of device which you have?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
cloidhamer
Occasional Visitor
Solution

I looked at the list and this pattern isn't on there. I've tries the Clear / Reset function with no response so I'm guessing it's dead and will have to replace it.