4830 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3500yl qinq mixed mode

FJ2018
Occasional Visitor

3500yl qinq mixed mode

Hi,

I have 2 x 3500yl connected via a ISP service provider. I need to send multiple VLANS across the link. The ISP have configured the link as QINQ, I have switched the switches to qinq mixedmode cause I need to use normal vlans on the switch also, i placed the uplink ports in the svlan doman on both and set port type to provider (default). How do I allow the normal cvlan's across the link? I cant tag the svlan port with vlan's. I am kinda stunned now. Am I missing something?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

I would have thought you do not enable QinQ at all - that should be done on the Provider Bridge.

Or has the provider given you an S-Vlan ID and told you to pass all your traffic double-encapsulated already?
If the latter, then you need to add some more ports to the SVLAN domain, but configure them as UNtagged, then configure them as qinq port-type customer-network (instead of provider-network like the tagged ports in the SVLAN domain are).

Then, you need to configure your "uplink" port on your switch with the (normal) VLANs (all tagged) you want to transmit through the QinQ.

Then you need to patch your "uplink" port to the qinq customer-network port on the switch.

FJ2018
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the response, I ended up changing my design. I did the solution you sugested, with the exception of making the port a provider port and not customer port, but that did not work. 

At least I was on the right track using your soultion wiht patching and trunking to untagged port.

Thanks