Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5406R - 3810M 16SFP+ Switches Stacking

BlsyCtk
Occasional Visitor

5406R - 3810M 16SFP+ Switches Stacking

Hi,

I have 2 switches of 5406R and 3810M backbone switches with stacking modules. May i configure these two as a stack by connecting over stacking modules? Does it reduces performance of the system?

Many thanks,

Bilsay

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: 5406R - 3810M 16SFP+ Switches Stacking

Cheers,

it's a bit unclear (to me): do you have two Aruba 5406R zl2 and two Aruba 3810M (this pair depolyed with hardware stacking modules and stacking cables)?

If so you can stack together both Aruba 3810M (that is known as backplane stacking), the Aruba 5406R zl2 Switches' pair can be "stacked" together through the deployment of VSF technology (which is known as frontplane stacking), VSF doesn't require dedicated stacking hardware but has strict requirements about Hardware modules installed into Aruba 5400R zl2 (v3 zl2) and software mode of operation of the Switch.

You can then interconnect both pairs (2 x Aruba 3810M and 2 x Aruba 5406R zl2) by using a Port Aggregation (with LACP I suggest), that's if you need...but this doesn't mean "stacking" those two pairs (which CAN'T be done)...it's just deploy an (aggregated) uplink between those two pairs.

Keep in mind that each pair of Switches is and behaves like a single logical Switch (even if it's made of two physical Switches).