1752286 Members
4961 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

5406zl crashes when enterring some commands on CLI

gregtry
Occasional Contributor

5406zl crashes when enterring some commands on CLI

I have two 5406zl in version K.15.02.0005. This morning I had 2 crashes, one when I've enterred the command "no vlan 10" and another crash on the second 5406 when I've enterred the command "no ip address" on a VLAN.

The switchs where completely crashed, they have not rebooted immediately, I must force electrically the reboot.

Are these crashes caused by the version K.15.02.0005 ?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Helper
Valued Contributor

Re: 5406zl crashes when enterring some commands on CLI

Hi,

You can check for the release notes of the latest K.15.05.0002 to see if your problems are fixed (check for the behaviour "no vlan, etc... or error message if shown).

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02865332/c02865332.pdf

You can donwoad it and try this version :

https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/DownloadSoftware.aspx?SoftwareReleaseUId=9303&ProductNumber=J9641A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId=&SerialNumber=&PurchaseDate=

Are you using GVRP ? If yes there is a cosmetic bug.

When you activate this protocol, all interface configuration lines are duplicate in the configuration (show run/show conf) it is not problem.

Regards.

gregtry
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

No i'm not using GVRP.

Yesterday I've updated the switchs with the latest version K.15.05.0002. So far, I had no problem, hope this continues so.

Thanks.

rquack
Collector

Hi, just an inspiration:

I had similar crahes whenever configuring a certain VLAN . I found the problem in my case : I had a VLAN called "Server" and another VLAN called "Server TEST". Seems that "Server" and "Server ..." conficts.  Solution: Do not use empty spaces in VLAN names, or make shure the first part before the empty space is unique.