Aruba & ProVision-based
1748259 Members
3633 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

5406zl latest firmware -> slow network traffic between vlans on cisco and HP

pederborg

5406zl latest firmware -> slow network traffic between vlans on cisco and HP

I have a HP 5406 switch configured with routing and a number of VLANs. One of these VLANs are connected to a Cisco 4948 swich. The port connecting the two switches are untagged on the HP switch and "untagged" on the cisco swich. The Cisco switch has 4 VLANs.

Until last week, I was running firmware K.15.02.0005 on the HP switch, and network speeds between VLANs on the HP switch and VLANs on the Cisco switch were normal.

I then upgraded the HP switch to the latest firmware K.15.08.0013.

After doing so, traffic from a VLAN, other then the VLAN connecting the switces, on the HP to a VLAN on the Cisco switch is about 10% of normal speed. Traffic between the switces from servers on the connecting vlan to another VLAN on the Cisco switch is ok, and speed between servers on vlans on the HP switch is also normal.

I then booted the switch back into the old firmware, and network speeds between switches and vlans are back to normal (full speed).

VLAN information is not transferred between the two switches, and not really necessary as routing is fine.

Any ideas?

Peder

1 REPLY 1
paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 5406zl latest firmware -> slow network traffic between vlans on cisco and HP

Hi Peder,

If the firmware upgrade is the only change to the switch and its environment, then it seems quite likely that you've encountered a bug. If you can narrow it down by determining exactly which version caused the problem (see the list at https://h10145.www1.hp.com/Downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=J8697A&lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=1827663), that will probably make it easier to talk to HP about getting a fixed version.

Regards,
Paul