5287 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 802.1x and Wake on Lan

Tom - Ranson
Occasional Advisor

Hi Matt,

That was the first thing I tried before getting to deep into this. Unfortunately, it was a no go.

I'm waiting on an HP Engineer for a definitive answer and will post as soon as I've heard.

Tom
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Okay I think I know what's happening here. I was able to reproduce this problem, but it only appears to happen if you do not have a link on that port. As soon as get a link, it will then show it as 'in'.

Seems like a minor cosmetic bug.
Tom - Ranson
Occasional Advisor

Hi Matt,

I would like to be able to agree, however prior to the switch reboot, WoL packets were not reaching the client while the 802.1x port was in an unauthenticated state. Post reboot, all works as expected and SLI output is reported correctly.

Kind regards,

Tom
Tom - Ranson
Occasional Advisor

Hi Matt,

I would like to be able to agree, however prior to the switch reboot, WoL packets were not reaching the client while the 802.1x port was in an unauthenticated state. Post reboot, all works as expected and CLI output is reported correctly.

Kind regards,

Tom
biswajaya
Occasional Visitor

HI Tom,

i am using  printer machine  with Hp procurve switches, i am getting problem ,

Description

I configure machine with 802.1x authentication, with 100 mbps LAN speed, after my work done i put my machine in deep sleep mode,when i wake up my machine it not authenticate 802.1x, after few mins i remove the lan cabel and switch it again it start working.
my question is while it came from wake to normal mode, why it not authenticate ?

note : in deep sleep mode speed is 10 Mbps.

waiting your reply, plz help me on that.

regards,

biswa